We would all like a little extra money in our pockets now right? Affiliate Marketing could be the way for you to go. Making money from your blog does not have to be difficult.
You spend countless hours pumping content into your blog just for it to be successful. The grind is truly big when maintaining your blog. Why not earn a little cash from it? The problem most people have with affiliate marketing is starting. Where do you begin?
Well in this post, we are going to look at what affiliate marketing is. Secondly, looking at some of the top affiliate marketing programmes and websites you can use for your blog.
What is affiliate Marketing?
Affiliate marketing is a commission based process in which an affiliate gains a commission for promoting and marketing another company’s products and/or services. The affiliate only has to direct a reader to purchase a product, then earn a percentage of the sale.
Its no shock to see Amazon on top of this list. This online marketplace can deliver anything from pantry items to high end technology items in a single day. Amazon has basically everything for sale and can cater to any specific niche type blog or website. This makes it such a great place to start your affiliate marketing adventure.
- You will receive commission on all products sold through referred traffic. Even if it wasn’t the product you were linking to.
- Earn up to 10% on any qualifying product sale that comes through your affiliate link.
- Massive stock to choose from. Amazon is the only place of shopping for most people. This can increase income through multiple purchases of items you are not marketing.
- Lack of payment options make people fall at the first hurdle. Unfortunately, Amazon Associates only pays commission by bank transfer, cheque or Amazon Gift Card.
- Affiliate cookie only lasts for 24 hours. If they come back and purchase after a day of using your link, unfortunately you will not receive any commission.
Bluehost is one of the leading website hosts online. It is currently the most recommended host to use by WordPress. It offers affordable prices and a great customer support team. They are highly recommended and highly regarded by many.
- Highly Recommended. WordPress openly recommends it. That is possibly the best recommendation you can have.
- Easy and simple sign up process and completed in minutes to start your affiliate marketing journey.
- Multiple choices of text/banner affiliate links. Easy to add into your blog posts and sidebar widgets.
- Very specific affiliates. Being a web host, this means your readers will need to require web hosting needs.
- Long time before being paid. We all know that earning an income from blogging is not a quick making money scheme. Bluehost will pay affiliates 45-60 days after the end of the month of the referral.
JotForm is arguably the leading online form builder. Boasting over 8 million users and used by many different industries and niches. Evidently, a lot of different services are using forms to increase productivity.
- High commission rate. Amazingly, being an affiliate with Jotform can bag you 30% off any sale. They even have a Commission Calculator where you can predict your sales.
- Generous Affiliate Cookie Length of 60 days. This means that even after 60 days of clicking your link and they join JotForm, you will still receive the commission.
- A wide target audience is certainly a major pro in this category. Pretty much every website has a form of some sort on it.
- Unfortunately, at this present time, you can only earn commission for 1 year.
Google AdSense is an Online Advertising Network. This is not an affiliate marketing platform but I feel like it should be mentioned. Moving on, Google AdSense is most likely the most popular way to monetise your blog. More so, it acts like an affiliate marketer, you get paid for posting an advert on your blog and get paid for how your reader reacts to it.
- Using Google AdSense you do not need to find a product. Google decides on the advertisement they show. You just need to place the add in your blogs.
- Being the most reputable platform in the world, Google is a household name now, you have no need to worry about credibility.
- To make it worthwhile to earn money through AdSense, you need to have a high volume of traffic.
Clickbank is a marketplace flooded with thousands of merchants that can pick and choose to promote. Just like Amazon Associates, you can pick and choose the products you would like to promote. This can be tailored to your target audience and offer products that will interest.
- Massive amount of products, you are certainly going to find something to promote on your blog.
- Maximum earned is $150 per referral sale. This feels pretty limiting but if you’re selling cheaper items, this really doesn’t matter to you.
- No digital payments. Cheques, Direct Deposit or Payoneer are payment options. Lastly, Wire Transfers are also available.
Hopefully by reading this post, you have discovered five great ways that you can truly open your blog to monetisation. Secondly, Affiliate Marketing is an amazing way to generate an income. Also, having more than one income revenue stream is a key way to making your blog sustainable. This could even allow you to quit your day job and focus more time into becoming a full time blogger.
Remember, the most important thing with Affiliate Marketing is picking products that your readers are going to like. You may see something that you think is amazing but your readers don’t! Before marketing, do a little research and see how this product fairs with reviews and opinions.
I hope this helps you starting to generate an income from your blog. If there are any questions, please do not hesitate to leave a comment below.